Free Consultation
Call the Hurtline, Now!

What to Do If Injured as a Passenger

Step by step advice from experienced Pennsylvania auto accident attorneys

Passengers in Pennsylvania accidents are almost always considered free of any liability in an accident, but knowing what to do after an auto accident can be confusing. You may have questions: Whose insurance company pays for my hospital bills?  How do I take legal action against the driver if I'm a friend?

The Pennsylvania passenger injury attorneys at Marcus & Mack have your answers - and we may be able to help you get the justice you need. As a passenger, you may have a claim against all at-fault parties, including the operators of any of the cars involved in the accident.  Call us today to learn about your rights and your legal options.

Free Case Consultation
No Fee Unless We Win

We have represented Pennsylvanians in many different types of car accidents throughout the state. We thoroughly understand the laws governing accidents and the tactics other attorneys and insurance companies often use to avoid paying injury victims. Don't let them push you around. Stand up for you rights. Contact Marcus & Mack. Call (800) 488-0338. We help the injured. It's all we do.

What should I do if I'm a passenger injured in a car accident?

  • Contact the police - You or someone involved in the accident should call 911. Report the accident and notify authorities if there are any injuries.
  • Follow up - After the police officer arrives at the scene, make sure you get the officer's name, badge number and contact number. That way, you can obtain a copy of the accident report, which typically plays a key role in determining liability in the accident.
  • Seek immediate medical attention - Even if you feel fine, make sure you have a doctor, nurse or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or another certified medical professional evaluate you as soon as possible. Some injuries are not apparent immediately after the accident.
  • Insurance companies - Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you may be able to file a claim against the policy of the driver or owner of the car you were riding in at the time of the crash. Or, you may need to file a claim against the policy of the driver or owner of the other car involved in the crash. If you are related to and live with the driver who was operating the vehicle you were in, you generally will not be able to pursue a claim against his or her liability insurance policy. In such cases, you are generally considered an insured under the policy. You also may need to file a claim against your own auto insurance policy. Talk to Marcus & Mack today about your circumstances. We will fight for you.
  • Settlement offer - If an insurance company makes a financial offer after your accident, do not accept the offer right away. Tell the adjuster you need time to review the offer. Then contact us. We can review their proposal with you and help you decide if you should accept their offer.
  • Possible lawsuit - Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be able to file a lawsuit in order to be compensated. This is especially true if you're a victim in a drunk driving accident. You might be able to sue the drunk driver or the business that sold the driver the alcohol. You may be entitled to recover damages for medical expenses, pain and suffering and possibly punitive damages, which are designed to punish the at-fault driver or entity and deter others from engaging in similar negligent behavior.
  • Contact us - This might be your only opportunity for justice. Seize it. Contact our law firm and discover what an aggressive attorney can do for you. Call (800) 488-0338.
Make Your Case Matter. Contact Marcus & Mack.