Zofran Dangerous Drug Cases Demand Strong Legal Action
Zofran (also known as Ondansetron) often causes serious side effects. In particular, pregnant women prescribed Zofran to treat morning sickness reportedly gave birth to children with birth defects, including a cleft palate, cleft lip and heart problems, according to a study published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology in December 2014.
In addition, another study suggests that Zofran side effects might have resulted in the death of two children. The study was published by Pediatric Emergency Care which reported that two children experienced heart problems after taking Zofran. Both children developed tachycardia (an increased heart heart) and later died.
Legal cases involving this medication primarily marketed to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy can be complicated. If you or a loved one suffered any of the dangerous birth defect side effects linked to Zofran, call Marcus & Mack today: (800) 488-0338. Don't let pharmaceutical companies push you around. Fight back! It's important to take action as soon as possible. A delay may affect your rights.
What are common side effects due to Zofran?
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) manufactures Zofran, which also has been linked to adverse side effects among mothers. Some of the most common dangerous side effects and symptoms reported by patients include:
What should I do if I experience dangerous side effects due to Zofran?
Don't underestimate the seriousness of your symptoms. If you believe you or a loved one is a victim of Zofran, take the following steps to protect your health and your legal rights:
- Seek medical attention - Go to an emergency room and tell the doctor that you or your loved one have been experiencing health problems possibly due to Zofran. Also tell the physician about any other prescription drugs you or your loved one are taking.
- Gather information - Evidence builds strong cases. The more proof you have of a medical problem caused by Zofran, the stronger your case. Evidence can include:
- Copies of medical reports
- Copies of prescriptions for medications
- Photographs documenting health issues
- Keep a journal - Write down exactly what is wrong with you or a loved one since you started taking Zofran. Make sure to write down exactly when you noticed changes in your health. Describe in detail your health issues.
- Contact us - Our experienced Pennsylvania lawyers at Marcus & Mack have dedicated our careers to helping injury victims just like you. Contact our law firm. We can help.
Why should I contact Marcus & Mack?
Many dangerous drug cases might seem straightforward. You might have even received a financial offer from GlaxoSmithKline or its insurance company to settle your case.
Always be suspicious of multinational drug companies and large insurance companies. These corporations often only care about one thing - keeping payments to injury victims as low as possible. That's not right. That's why we aggressively pursue compensation for people harmed by such powerful drugs.
Call 800-488-0338 to schedule a free case evaluation. Best of all, we work on a contingency fee basis. That means you only pay fees if we obtain financial compensation for you. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Contact us right now!